Christian Education Director - Cohasset
The Second Congregational Church (SCC) of Cohasset, MA is seeking a Christian Education (CE) Director to design, coordinate and lead a Christian Education Program for children in Pre-School through Grade 5. Responsibilities:
- Review, purchase and plan curriculum and lesson plans for the Church School year based upon goals/objectives approved by the CE Committee and Minister.
- Recruit, train and supervise a corps of volunteer teachers for all grade levels.
- Provide organized resources and basic supplies to teachers and classrooms.
- Plan and facilitate Chapel Services as agreed upon by the CE Director, Minister, and CE Committee.
- Develop an attendance list for each class, and annual registration packets.
- Coordinate Special Events (i.e. Rally Sunday, Christmas Pageant, Palm Sunday and Fellowship Sunday).
- Provide ongoing communications to SCC families (via newsletter, emails, bulletin boards & mailings) regarding the SCC Church School Program, Outreach, and Special Events.
- Work/coordinate with the Youth Director when possible and whenever appropriate for Church School lessons or outreach programs
- Propose a yearly budget to the Christian Education Committee, attend monthly CE meetings and monthly staff meetings with the Minister
- Work in consultation with the Christian Education committee and the Minister.
- Personal faith in God through Jesus Christ and a commitment to fostering spiritual development of children and families
- Working knowledge of the Bible
- Well organized with strong leadership and communication skills
- Computer and technology proficient
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Experience working with children, knowledge of child development, classroom management, and educational methodology
- College degree preferred
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Contact: Cindy Courtney
Second Congregational Church 43 Highland Ave Cohasset MA 02066