Director of Christian Education - Walpole
United Church in Walpole, an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ, is in search of a part-time Director of Christian Education. We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, organized, faithful CE Director to work with church families and individuals ranging in age from birth to adult. This leadership position will create, enhance, and revitalize ongoing Christian Education programs.
- Report to the Christian Education Committee and, in consultation with the Pastor, oversee teaching ministries, and develop a comprehensive program of faith formation (including the selection of curriculum) for the children and youth of United Church
- Provide recruitment, training, support, and spiritual formation opportunities for Sunday School teachers, youth leaders, nursery volunteers, and substitutes
- Oversee daily church school operations and special events with support from the CE Committee and members of the congregation (including, but not limited to: weekly church school classes, Christmas pageant, Rally Day, mission projects, etc.)
- Be present on Sunday mornings to administer the Sunday School program and ensure that church operates within Safe Church guidelines (see downloads below)
- Maintain good communication with church school families and the congregation
- Attend monthly Christian Education Committee meetings, staff meetings, and other committee meetings as needed
- Keep accurate records and work within the allocated CE budget
- Work with the CE Committee to prepare the CE annual budget and CE annual report
- Review successes and learn from missed opportunities with pastor and CE Committee to continue to grow and improve our ministry to children and families
The successful candidate will be energetic, positive, flexible, kid and youth-oriented and possess a strong, secure faith. Leadership experience with a proven track record of development and implementation of comprehensive new programs is preferred. Excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills and the ability to work with diverse groups of people are needed. College degree preferred. This position will require a CORI check.
15-20 hours/week, 40-45 weeks per year.
Salary rage is $18,000 - $20,000 annually based upon experience and within the guidelines recommended by the Massachusetts Conference, United Church of Christ.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before August 20th, 2017.
Contact: Rev. Anna Flowers
30 Common Street Walpole MA 02081