Interim Minister of Music/Organist - Andover
Interim Minister of Music/Organist
South Church in Andover, MA (UCC)
South Church in Andover is a vibrant and diverse congregation with nearly 700 members and a strong tradition of choral and instrumental music. We are seeking a gifted and experienced musician to lead our growing music program. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creatively leading worship with Adult, Children’s, and Handbell Choirs; and draw on the talents of the many musicians and instrumentalists in our congregation. This full-year position is 30 hours per week, except during 2 summer months when it is 10 hours per week.
- Report to Senior Pastor to design and develop music for weekly worship services, as well as
church-related activities such as weddings and funerals.
- Participate in pastoral staff meetings and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Pastor.
- Build, lead, and direct the Sanctuary Choir. Select music, conduct weekly rehearsals, and conduct the Choir for all services including Easter (2 services), Christmas Eve (3 services) and Maundy Thursday.
- Direct the Children’s Choir, Handbell Choir, and a folk ensemble among other small groups.
- Attract an increasing pool of gifted musicians who desire to be involved in worship – to include contemporary music, instrumentalists, and solo musicians.
- Prepare and administer the annual music budget.
- Maintain the music library, which includes over 900 choral and 75 handbell anthems.
- Oversee the maintenance of our Bozeman Organ (tracker, 3 manuals, 36 stops), 8 pianos, and 4-octave Schulmerich hand bells.
- Strong keyboard skills; organ and piano.
- Accomplished directing and leadership skills.
- Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills with a proven record of working well within a team.
- An engaging and gracious personality.
- Ability to work joyfully and energetically with members of the South Church community.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of South Church.
- A degree in music, worship, or a related field is preferred. Three or more years of experience as a worship leader in a church of 300 or more is also preferred but not required.
- Physical requirements include the ability to climb stairs to the choir loft, to stand for long periods of time directing children and adults, and to carry instruments and music.
- Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Additional income from weddings, funerals, and memorial services.
- Use of South Church facilities, including organ and piano, for private instruction.
Please submit your resume and references to email@example.com
South Church in Andover
Attn: Music Search Committee
41 Central Street
Andover, MA 01810
South Church in Andover is an open and affirming congregation located in Andover, Massachusetts. South Church welcomes all people, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race and ethnicity, physical and mental ability or economic circumstance.
Contact: Graham Long
41 Central Street Andover MA 01810