Organist/Choir Director - Grafton
Church Organist/Choir Director
The Congregational Church of Grafton, U.C.C., a small church of 150 members, is actively soliciting applicants for the above position, Organist/Choir Director. The position is open as of January 1, 2017. Salary offered is $17,000 per year, and is considered a 10 hour per week position.
- Choir leadership, including one evening rehearsal
- Leading the music portions of worship on one Sunday morning service
- Other occasional religious services such as Christmas Eve, or Ash Wednesday.
We have a good quality Wicks pipe organ, a Mason & Hamlin grand piano, a two-octave set of hand-bells, and a small but committed choir. Talented youth in the congregation also participate in the adult choir, or with instruments, and we want someone to encourage and utilize these individuals. We have a good music library.
Our choir history is one of offering a wide variety of classical and contemporary music.
- Commitment to the congregation and support of music therein
- Sold training and skill organ as well as in piano and choral ensembles.
- The Organist/Choir Director will be expected to interact with the Pastor, the Music Committee and the Deacons to plan musical support for all worship services.
You are encouraged to contact Robert McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are informed by the United Church of Christ Musicians Association, Inc. and the American Guild of Organists in putting together the salary package, expected duties, references, and background checks.
If you are looking for a position to grow and nurture a music program, challenge us to try new things, and bring a love for music in worship, this is the place for you!
For inquiry, please contact:
Congregational Church of Grafton
Attn.: Diane Chaisson – email@example.com
Contact: Bob McLean
30 Grafton Common PO Box 421 Grafton MA 01519