Sunday School Teacher - Newburyport
An Open and Affirming Congregation
of the United Church of Christ
Belleville Congregational Church in Newburyport, MA is seeking an engaging, energetic person to lead our Sunday School program. This position supports the core values of Belleville and The United Church of Christ by providing an inclusive learning environment for children in which all are respectfully welcomed.
Our Sunday School Teacher will provide quality interactive faith exploration in a one classroom setting with children ranging in age from approximately 7-12 years old.
- Partnering with Worship and Education Board to discuss each year’s curriculum.
- Organizing curriculum and supplies needed each Sunday prior to class.
- Preparing lesson plans, teaching Sundays and coordinating volunteer helper schedule.
- · Organize events: Christmas Pageant and Children’s Sunday Celebration
- Working with Pastor and Choir Director to involve children in services as needed.
- Outreach to new and existing families and oversee registration of new children.
- 18 year of age or older.
- Be a person of faith, loving, creative, progressive in your understanding of God and your orientation toward the Bible.
- Commitment to and understanding of progressive, inclusive Christianity, or willingness to learn.
- Experience in educational settings and/or 1 - 3 years experience in church or church based programs for children and/or youth.
- Be responsible and responsive to children, their parents, and the Worship and Education Board.
- Be creative and enthusiastic.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Enjoy working with children.
Hours/Wages: 2.5 hours a week, $20 per hour. Sunday School is held September through mid-June. Worship starts at 10am and Sunday school starts after the Pastor’s children’s message at approximately 10:15am. It is expected that the Sunday School Teacher will spend 60 minutes each week preparing the lesson and 1.5 hours at church on Sundays, with additional time added for the pageant and year end celebration. Note: We do not hold school the first Sunday of each month as children attend Family Sunday.
Position starts in September 2017.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Belleville Church, Attn: Amy Schmidt, at: email@example.com with Sunday School Teacher in the subject line.
Or by mail:
Attn: Amy Schmidt
300 High Street
Newburyport, MA 01950
Contact: Amy Schmidt
300 High Street Newburyport MA