Office and Social Media Administrator - Medford, MA
Office and Social Media Administrator
Position Overview: Responsible for coordinating, maintaining and facilitating support systems, the ideal candidate will enable clergy, staff, volunteers, and members to implement the church’s mission and programs. This position is integral to the church’s ministry and must be supportive of its theology, spirit, and style. The role requires efficiency through the leveraging of technology, professionalism, and the ability to build relationships, work as part of a team, problem solve, and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times. The position is half-time (20 - 25 hours per week).
To Apply: Interested applicants are asked to apply via Indeed and kindly include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, along with a resume. Deadline for applications is May 3, 2019.
Social Media Coordination
- Coordinate and facilitate work flow of office and pastor
- Organize the creation, production, and distribution of church publications, both print and online
- Monitor and ensure maintenance of church records and files, meeting minutes, and reports
- Manage the Church Events and Facilities Calendars
- Oversee maintenance of all office, computer/network equipment, and facility supplies
- Staff the church office Tuesday through Friday, 11am-4pm
- Manage the day-to-day work of the church sexton
Translate non-profit business goals, marketing message and brand, vision and values, regular and special events and projects into a consistent, grassroots, focused social media strategy. That strategy must be maintained:
- in the form of a calendar of daily to weekly posts across multiple social media platforms; specific posts to be planned out 3-4 weeks in advance
- clear, quantitative goals around media growth to be established for the week, month, and quarter
Manage development and launching of posts according to developed calendar. Administrator will have access to social media pages and be tasked with:
- coordinating/drafting copy, creating graphics, or otherwise developing necessary content (text, photo, video, links, etc.) for posts on a case-by-case basis in preparation for posts
- coordinating members of the Sanctuary community who attend events, etc., to take photos of each event/experience
- package post materials and/or send reminder emails to other members of the team to ensure posting on days when coordinator is not in office
Actively and regularly track the results (good or bad) of social media strategies:
- use data and results information to recommend strategic revisions
- define and develop engagement goals with staff and other church team members
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, willing to work alone and as part of a team, and able to manage complex tasks. Other characteristics include:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Excellent organizational sensibilities and skills
- A welcoming personality that celebrates the diversity of the human spirit
- A commitment to holding confidences and maintaining appropriate boundaries
- The ability to juggle many expectations and prioritize multiple projects
- Frugal with resources while generous of spirit
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done well
- An ability to thrive in a flexible, fast paced environment that is conducive to change
- Experience with MS Office Suite, email, social media platforms, calendar programs, data base management (or CRM) systems, and internet are essential
- Must have at least 2-4 years prior office administration experience
- Desktop publishing experience a plus
This is a part-time (20-25 hours per week) position offering competitive hourly compensation based on experience (salary range will be 18.00 - 25.00 per hour, commensurate with experience). The work schedule is slightly flexible and will require occasional evening and weekend presence for events. Paid vacation, sick-days, and federal holidays will be prorated based on the number of hours worked per week.
We extravagantly welcome all people; believers, non-believers, doubters, questioners, no matter who they love, their gender identity or expression, their race, culture, ability, or economic circumstance. An Equal Opportunity employer.
Sanctuary United Church of Christ, a faith community originally formed in 1875, transitioned in 2014 to a new space and new model of being church in the community. Re-visioning the practice of faith in today’s technological and multicultural environment this cutting edge, progressive organization seeks intellectually curious, detail-oriented, tech savvy professionals to manage the business aspects and day-to-day functioning of the organization. www.sanctuaryucc.org
Please apply via indeed.
Contact: Wendy Miller Olapade
458 High Street Medford 02155