Artist-in-Residence for common cathedral - Boston, MA
The mission of common cathedral is to build community and provide spiritual care to unhoused people in Boston, and bridge the gap between housed and unhoused people. In all of what we do we build intentional spiritual community where all are welcomed.
common cathedral’s program common art is hiring for a new Artist in Residences. common art is an open space where people are provided materials and a caring environment to develop their artistic abilities. The Artist-in-Residence will be responsible for directing the artistic components of common art, including but
not limited to:
- Purchase, provide, and supervise the organization of art supplies.
- Support artists’ development by teaching new skills, supporting our community to lead workshops and bringing in artists to teach.
- Maintain, organize and storing art work created at the program
- Help to assure a weekly art show is presented during the program
- Assisting with the set-up, maintenance, tear-down and organization of the space each week
- Help ensure the welcome and support of our community
- Greet community as they arrive, making them feel welcome, nurturing the positive spirit of the community
- Organize and run our monthly art shows
- Travel to and from the shows with our artists
- Support the artist during the travel and at the show
- Communicate with artists who are not present on a Wednesday about the art show
- Attend the weekly staff meetings
The following experiences or skills are not requirements but are important to us in a candidate:
Maintaining a detailed budget
Teaching art and new artistic skills
Life and/or work experience in racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse, urban contexts.
Skill in speaking Spanish.
A desire to fully include and to learn from people of all races, ethnicities, faiths, genders and
This position is at will. Hours are Wednesday’s 8:00-4:00, 4-5 hours once a month on a Sunday for art shows, plus another 2-3 hours weekly for staff gatherings on Tuesdays. The successful candidate will be able to fulfill the above scope of work and will report to the Executive Director of common cathedral.
Questions may be emailed to Amanda Grant-Rose, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Contact: Amanda Grant-Rose
15 Newbury Street Boston MA 02116
Attached file(s): view file