Job Title: Director of Children
North Community Church seeks a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries through June 2018 (with the possibility of extending further) to guide and assist our children on the beginning of their faith journeys and to support their families and other volunteers who accompany them.
Job Summary: Part-time, 10-12 hours/week
Assists church, pastor, and religious education council in providing spiritual development and religious environment/education/program for infants and children up to 5th grade. Works with the Pastor, KAYAC (Kids and Youth Advisory Council), and volunteers to provide a safe, happy atmosphere for the children and to facilitate the children’s experience of God’s love, and their identity with North Community Church and God’s family.
1. Provide religious education and spiritual development for children each Sunday for 10 months of the year (up to four hours per Sunday), including task such as prep and set up, participate in early part of worship, oversee classes and utilization of Spill the Beans curriculum, supervise Sunday School wing during coffee hour, and clean up. Sunday participation is required.
2. Attend monthly staff meetings and periodic KAYAC meetings.
3. Recruit and support teachers and assistants for the Sunday School.
4. Provide safe environment for infants and toddlers in the Nursery. Responsible for recruiting and overseeing nursery caregivers.
5. Oversee the planning of special worship services such as Children’s Sunday and the Christmas Pageant and participate in worship as needed.
6. Ensure adherence to the NCC Safe Church Policy, including collaboration with the CORI Rep to CORI all volunteers.
7. Write articles for the monthly newsletter.
8. Oversee the Sunday School areas in the wing, including supply area.
9. Maintain good communication and relationships with Sunday School families.
For more information or to apply, please contact Ann-Marie Illsley via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Ann-Marie Illsley
Address: 72 Old Main Street PO Box 2 Marshfield Hills MA 02051
Attached file(s): view file