Director of Family Ministries - Acton, MA
Director of Family Ministries (permanent part-time position, approx. 20 hours per week)
Provide overall leadership in the educational/formational ministry at Acton Congregational Church, including oversight, guidance and resources for all aspects of the Sunday School (birth-8th grade) (note: we have about 90 children enrolled and average 25 attendees each week).
- Lead the evaluation and selection of curriculum and resources to be used in children’s ministry.
- Supervise Sunday morning programming and adapt curriculum and weekly lesson plans as needed to fit environment, volunteer base and class sizes.
- Attend weekly staff meetings as schedule allows, work with office staff to provide information about family programs to Sunday bulletin and other church communication platforms such as Facebook, website and bi-monthly newsletter.
- Coordinate enlistment of volunteer teachers, leaders and parent superintendents to provide children’s programming each week, supported by high school “shepherds.” Conduct training and provide guidance and support as needed.
- Get to know ACC families and offer materials to support faith education as needed (i.e. handouts for holidays, books for Children’s Library, etc.)
- Coordinate high school “Shepherd” (aide) program and train teenage aides.
- Maintain regular communication with families regarding children’s educational/formational opportunities and needs and to enlist their participation and support. Manage weekly Constant Contact communication to families regarding logistics of the coming week’s programming.
- Work closely with Senior Minister on helping children and families take active part in worship.
- Create and organize special annual events and “Milestone programs” with parent volunteers – e.g. Christmas Pageant, First Communion, 2nd grade Bible presentation, Good Friday program.
- Oversee children’s ministry budget and prepare annual report for church school and other program areas.
- Liaise with Children’s Ministry Team (CMT) and attend monthly meetings.
- Liaise with Safe Church Committee and support Safe Church policies.
Contact: Rev. Paulo França
12 Concord Road Acton 01720