Director of Music and Musician - Dracut
Christ Church United in Dracut, MA is a growing and diverse congregation with nearly 200 members and a strong appreciation of choral and instrumental music. We are seeking a gifted and competent musician to lead our growing music program. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creatively leading worship with Adult and Children’s Choirs; and draw on the talents of the many musicians and instrumentalists in our wider Dracut/Lowell /Boston communities. This full-year position is 20 hours per week, except during 2 summer months when it is 10 hours per week.
- Report to Pastor to design and develop music for weekly worship services, as well as
church-related activities such as weddings and funerals.
- Participate in pastoral staff meetings and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by Pastor.
- Build, lead, and direct the Sanctuary Choir. Select music, conduct weekly rehearsals, and conduct the Choir for all services including Easter (2 services), Christmas Eve (2 services) and Maundy Thursday.
- Build and direct the Children’s Choir.
- Include contemporary music, instrumentalists, and solo musicians.
- Prepare and administer the annual music budget.
- Maintain the music library, which includes over 500 choral and 75 handbell anthems.
- Oversee the maintenance of our 1950 Aeolian Skinner Organ (3 manuals, 9 stops, 9 ranks, 519 pipes), 3 pianos which includes a Roland digital piano in the sanctuary, and 2 octave Schulmerich hand bells.
- Strong keyboard skills; organ and/or piano.
- Accomplished directing and leadership skills.
- Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills with a proven record of working well within a team.
- Ability to work joyfully and energetically with members of the Church community.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Christ Church United.
- A degree in music, worship, or a related field is preferred. Three or more years of experience as a worship leader in a church of 100 or more is also preferred but not required.
- Physical requirements include the ability and physicality to direct a choir and musicians.
- Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Additional income from weddings, funerals, and memorial services.
- Use of Christ Church United facilities, including organ and piano, for private instruction.
Please submit your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Christ Church United
Attn: Rev. Carra McFadden
P. O. Box 100
Dracut, MA 01826
Christ Church United in Dracut is a congregation of the United Church of Christ, located in Dracut, Massachusetts. Christ Church United welcomes all people, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race and ethnicity, physical and mental ability or economic circumstance.
Contact: Rev. Carra McFadden
10 Arlington Street Dracut MA 01826