Director of Music - Chelmsford, MA
Director of Music
Central Congregational Church (UCC) - Chelmsford, MA 01824
Central Congregational Church (UCC) in Chelmsford, MA (http://www.cccchelmsford.org) is seeking a Director of Music to direct and lead a vibrant music program that contributes to the ministry and growth of our church. Music is an integral part of this church community and its choir has participated in programs at Carnegie Hall, as well as hosting well-recognized seasonal community events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the church's overall music program and provide direction and innovation for its future
- Provide music on the organ and/or piano for weekly worship on Sundays year-round and for special services
- Direct the church vocal and possibly handbell choirs (September through June)
- Coordinate with the pastor for worship music/hymns
- Select liturgically-appropriate anthems and other musical pieces to complement worship services
- Help maintain the music library
Attributes and Talents:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and conduct choral groups. Ability to lead and conduct handbell groups is optional
- Ability to lead/accompany worship and the 15+ member church choir on organ and piano
- B.A. in music or significant training and musical experience.
- Interest in helping develop a musical presence in the community through organizing and directing 1-3 community concerts per year is a plus
Job type: Part-time (10 hours per week)
Salary: Low to mid-twenties, depending on qualifications and experience. Additional compensation can be earned by participating in church weddings and funerals. We also offer 4 weeks’ paid vacation.
Applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to the Margie Dissinger at email@example.com
(preferred) or mail a hardcopy to Central Congregational Church, Attn: Margie Dissinger, PO Box 339, Chelmsford, MA 01824
Contact: Margie Dissinger
One Worthen St. PO Box 339 CHELMSFORD MA 01824