Middle Grade Sunday School Teacher - West Concord
West Concord Union Church is seeking a Sunday School teacher to provide consistent teaching leadership in our Middler class, serving children in grades 4-6. The Middler teacher reports to the Director of Children’s Ministries.
- Plan and lead classes, adapting curriculum as needed to provide a meaningful and engaging experience.
- Engage and supervise any paid or volunteer assistants in the classroom.
- Communicate with parents, staff, leaders, and community members, responding to needs, sharing stories about the ministry, and collaborating as needed.
- Work with other teachers and leaders on special events as made possible by hours.
- Comply with Safe Conduct Policy and all other applicable church policies.
1. Strong Personal Faith: Knowledge of the Bible, Christian faith and practices, and the United Church of Christ. Spiritually mature and committed to a Christian way of life.
2. Effective Teaching: Demonstrates a good understanding of educational theory, developmental age characteristics, differing learning styles, and special needs, meeting children where they are and engaging their minds and hearts with enthusiasm and skill.
3. Collaborative and Independent Worker: Works well with staff, volunteers, children, and families. Seeks and incorporates ideas and feedback, considering the needs of others. Takes initiative, solving problems and planning lessons with creativity and innovation.
4. Skillful Administration: Strong organizational skills and effective communication.
4 hours per week, typically three Sundays per month during the academic year, totaling 32 weeks. Additional hours may become available for special events during the year.
Description of Community:
WCUC is a warm and caring community of people who desire to worship God, follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and encourage one another in faith. Our Children’s Ministries emphasis is on learning, worship, and service in an environment where children feel safe and loved. West Concord Union Church is located at 1317 Main Street in West Concord, MA. We are within short walking distance of the commuter rail and conveniently located just off Route 2 for easy access by car. Please visit our website for more information: www.westconcordunionchurch.org
Please send a letter of interest, resume and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
or West Concord Union Church, 1317 Main Street, Concord, MA 01742.
Call 978-369-6309 with questions. Application deadline is April 26, 2019.
Contact: Jessica Torgerson
1317 Main St Concord MA 01742