Music Director/Organist - Andover, MA
West Parish Church is seeking a Music Director/Organist to lead our energetic and loving congregation with a musical ministry that enriches and deepens our worship services. Our next Music Director will be an accomplished organist and choir director who will seek out music that will add diversity of culture and style to our worship. The Music Director will also bring spirituality, creativity, and enthusiasm while closely collaborating with our Senior Pastor in crafting worship services. We are seeking a person who will continue to cultivate our Christian Spirit through acceptance and openness as well as share a warm and welcoming sense of fellowship and hospitality.
Primary Responsibilities: To oversee the music program of the church, and to serve as organist and adult choir director.
Hours: Part-time position, 15 hours/week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the senior pastor and other church staff to plan and prepare meaningful worship services which will deepen the worship experience for the congregation.
- Lead, rehearse, and direct the volunteer adult choir for weekly Sunday worship, rehearsing one hour prior to worship and one evening during the week (currently Wednesday at 7:30 PM), September through June.
- Provide hymn and choral accompaniments for all Sunday services and other special services (e.g. Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, etc.).
- Encourage and engage congregational participation in all aspects of the church music program.
- Maintain choral library and order new music as needed.
- Engage additional professional musicians as needed in collaboration with the Ministry of Worship.
- Keep Music Committee apprised of conditions of the organ and pianos, and work with the Music Committee to schedule repairs and tuning.
- Additional compensation opportunities with the right of first refusal in regard to providing organ music at all weddings and funerals within the sanctuary. The services of other organists may be used with the permission of the Music Director.
- Reports to Senior Pastor
- Meet with the Music Committee and Ministry of Worship regularly.
- Function as a member of the church staff, attending church staff meetings, and communicating service music to the church administrator on a weekly basis.
Attributes and Talents:
- Creativity in various genres of music, including traditional/classic and contemporary music.
- Skilled in instruments beyond organ/piano.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Experience with the flow of a church service and familiarity with the liturgical calendar.
Overview of West Parish Church:
To apply please contact: email@example.com
- A progressive, Open & Affirming church.
- Weekly attendance around 85 people. Membership around 200 people.
- Johnson rebuild, 2 manual and pedal tracker organ, acknowledged as one of the gems of the North Shore of Massachusetts.
- Baldwin concert grand piano.
- The music program is vital and highly valued by out enthusiastic congregation.
Contact: West Parish Church
129 Reservation Rd Andover MA 01810