- We are looking for a dynamic leader of music ministry for our church. The qualifications for this position include:
- demonstrated skill in playing the organ and/or piano
- demonstrated ability to conduct adult and youth singers
- substantial knowledge of church hymns as well as classical and sacred music
This is a part-time, salaried, 11-month position. The work is expected to typically take about 5-8 hours per week. The church is closed for the month of August.
We are a small congregation with a strong sense of community.
- Work with the pastor to plan music for weekly services and the Christmas Eve service.
- Work with the Sunday School superintendent on music for the children’s Christmas Pageant and the Children’s Sunday worship service in May.
- Provide accompaniment on organ and/or piano for all services. Ability to play the organ is desired, but not required.
- Plan music for and direct the adult choir, which sings nearly every week.
- Plan music for and direct our youth musicians. Inclusion of children in our worship services is important to us. We have a number of children who sing and play instruments on occasion, solo or in small groups. There is also a set of chimes that the children play several times a year.
- Plan and coordinate rehearsal times with these groups.
- Help to plan the music and play for weddings and funerals, when available. There will be additional payment for these services.
- Please note: this is a summary, not a complete job description.
Contact: Bonnie Herr
Address: 81 Hancock Rd Williamstown MA 01267
Phone: 413 458 3467