Nursery Care Provider -Northampton, MA
Edwards Church is a vibrant, and progressive church seeking a Nursery Care Provider to assist with childcare for the youngest in our faith community in the Nursery from 9:30a.m. – 11:30a.m on Sunday mornings as well as during special church services, meetings, and occasional gatherings. The Nursery Care Provider must have an understanding and appreciation of toddlers and young children, as well as respect for the faith, mission, and vision of our community of faith.
The Nursery Care Provider must have a passion for nurturing and caring for our young ones.
A willingness to play, create, read, and interact with this age group is important. In addition to interacting with young children, this individual will interact with another Nursery Care Provider,
family members, members of the staff and of the congregation.
- Sunday mornings from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. year round
- Occasional other opportunities include special meetings, special worship services, or other gatherings as needed, dependent upon your availability
- A passion and love of young children
- Must have developmental understanding of infants and toddlers
- CORI clearable
- Experience of two or more years in Child Care
- Must be dependable, responsible, and possess good communication skills.
- Provide child care for infants and children up to pre-school
- Welcome children and their parents
- Assist parents in helping their children feel welcome
- Make sure parents have filled out a registration form and follow the wishes of the parents regarding diapering and toileting
- Make sure that parents sign their child(ren) in and out
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the children in your care
- Support and guide the children in their interactions with other children
- Share responsibilities with another Nursery Care Provider who will be with you
- Assist in the set-up and clean-up of the Nursery area each week, returning all toys used to their proper location.Clean and sweep all surface areas and the floor.
- Keep track of supplies and notify the Minister of Faith Formation of any needed supplies
- Report any concerns/problems to the Minister of Faith Formation
- Follow the guidelines of Edwards Church Safe Conduct/Safe Church Policy and Procedures Manual
- Provide Nursery/Child Care on other occasions such as special church meetings, special church services as needed and your availability
- Overall accountability is to the Minister of Faith Formation and The Board of Faith Formation
- In the event of a planned absence, vacation, etc. please contact the Minister of Faith Formation at least two weeks in advance so a substitute can be arranged
- Salary: $17.00/hour; paid every two weeks
- Social Security
- Standing/sitting for periods of time
- Position requiring mobility such as walking, kneeling, rocking, getting down on the carpet; some lifting
- Ability to hold/feed an infant or toddler; ability to diaper the same following parental wishes
- The work environment may vary in noise level
- The employee may be exposed to dusty environments
- The environment may be stressful and hectic at times with frequent interruptions
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of care-giving
performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. This job description reflects the church’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in it restricts the church’s right to assign or reassign duties and
All position requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-
Related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitude to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.
If interested, please email Debra Moore, Minister of Faith Formation a letter of interest and a resume with three references at email@example.com
or call her at 413-584-5500x303.
Contact: Debra Moore
297 Main Street Northampton MA 01060
Phone: 413-584-5500 ext. 303
Attached file(s): view file