Office Assistant - Cambridge, MA
First Church in Cambridge, Congregational, UCC seeks a part-time Office Assistant to work 12 - 15 hours/week ( 10 – 12 hours in July and August). This person will assist in day-to-day and weekly administrative and financial tasks to help ensure smooth running of the church office. Days and times are somewhat flexible and can be arranged at time of hire, although some core hours are necessary. Rate of pay is $16/hour. First Church is a 383-year-old, vibrant, progressive mainline Protestant congregation that is a short walk from the Harvard Square T station.
Job Description Qualifications
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Capacity for good judgment and discretion in dealing with delicate calls/visitors/data.
- Familiarity with general office procedures either through formal training or equivalent experience.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of MS Word and/or publishing software programs. Willingness to learn church database programs.
- Previous work experience in an office and/or congregational environment preferred but not necessary.
Reports to Full-time Parish Administrator and Part-Time Minister of Stewardship & Finance
Sample Daily/Weekly Tasks
- Primary reception responsibility during time in office—phones, foot traffic, receiving packages, etc.
- Care and feeding of copy and fax machine
- Printing worship bulletins, newsletters, mailings
- Sorting mail
- Sending bulletins/sermons out to small mailing list each week
- Editing sermons and posting it on the website each week
- Updating some website content and social media postings
- Creating and sending out weekly e-newsletter
- Ordering office supplies
- Updating kiosk signs each week
- Keeping front office workspace organized and tidy.
- Maintaining database and tracking newcomer information
- Other one-time projects
- Entering contributions and other receipts
- Making bank deposits
- Preparing and mailing checks
- Entering and verifying debit card receipts
- Ordering supplies
- Other one-time projects, such as stewardship mailing and audit support
Contact: Kirsten Manville
11 Garden Street Cambridge MA 02138