Youth Minister - Part-Time - Granby, CT
An active and healthy church located in the center of rural Granby, Connecticut is seeking a nurturing and encouraging part-time Youth Minister to serve a group of 40-50 middle and high school students. The church’s youth programs reach youth in other area churches and non-church families. Over half of our youth participate in more than one program offering (confirmation, youth group, service trip etc). South Congregational Church is seeking a candidate for a 20 hour / 10-month position who is passionate about teens and their faith journey. The church is committed to the holistic safety of its youth – with many of the gatherings held in the church’s dedicated Youth Building and supported by a Safe Conduct Policy. The ideal candidate will have a strong personal Christian faith, experience guiding teens, (including organizing and participating in an annual mission trip), good organizational and leadership abilities. South Church is proud to be a welcoming and Open and Affirming congregation. More information about South Church can be found at http://southchurchgranby.org/ministries/youth-ministries/.
Youth Ministry Position Description
- The youth minister will work closely and in partnership with the church’s Youth Advisory Board (YAP) – providing vision, direction and welfare for our confirmation program (referred to as “Faith Journey”). Key responsibilities include collaboration with the advisory board to:
- Evaluate, modify and deliver existing curriculum for the two-year Faith Journey:
- Year 1 of the program includes curriculum for the Psycho-Spiritual Exploration of the bridge from youth to adulthood.
- Year 2 of the program focuses on the Theological and Ethical Exploration of the central issues of faith through experience and reflection.
- Assist with recruitment of mentors for students.
- Plan the Sunday morning confirmation service with the Sr. Minister.
- The youth minister will work closely and in partnership with the church’s Youth Advisory Board - providing vision and direction of the church’s Sr High Youth Group (referred to as Youth Exploring Spirituality (Y.E.S.). Key responsibilities include collaboration with the advisory board to:
- Create an annual schedule of regular meetings and events.
- Recruit and train adult advisors.
- Plan, fund-raise for and execute a service trip.
- Additionally, the youth minister will partner with the Sr. Minister to plan and execute a Mission Sunday in the fall.
- The youth minister may be asked on a periodic basis to assist in worship, as schedule allows.
Contact: LInda Calder
242 Salmon Brook St Granby CT 06035
Phone: (860) 653-7289