Youth Program Coordinator - Groveland, MA
Groveland Congregational Church (GCC) is seeking to hire a part-time Youth Program Coordinator (YPC). The position averages 8 hours per week for 40 weeks from September through early June; Total yearly salary of $4,800.
- Coordination of Sunday School program: Working with GCC’s Pastor, Minister of Faith Formation, and other volunteers, the YPC will implement a Sunday School program at the church that is held from 2-4 times per month for children and youth age 3 through middle school. The YPC will identify volunteers to teach/facilitate the Sunday School curriculum.
- Coordination of Youth Group: Working with volunteers and the Minister of Faith Formation, the YPC will develop a Youth Group calendar with up to 2 meetings/activities per month. The YPC will identify and support volunteers in organizing and supervising activities.
Groveland Congregational Church will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Collaboration. The success of the candidate will depend on working closely with volunteers and the Pastor. We recognize that the hours provided are insufficient for a candidate to do this work on their own; to be successful candidate must be able to engage others in this work.
- Innovation. Sunday School and Youth group need to adapt to the 21st century. The successful candidate must be willing to imagine new modes and methods to accomplish our traditional goals.
- Technology. The candidate must have a proven track record of using technology to build community.
- Relational. While the successful must be able to engage others in the work of the youth program they must also be able to foster positive relationships with youth and children.
- Organized. We recognize that the position’s hours are very limited. The ideal candidate must be able to budget their own time efficiently; by both being present at key times and allowing others to engage in the work.
Contact: Jennifer Petersen
4 King Street Groveland MA 01834