Data Hub Instructions
Notes and General Instructions:
The Data Hub will be available beginning Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at noon. The deadline for entering data is midnight Wednesday, March 6, 2019. Data Hub deadlines are related to publication schedules; late information may not be included in the 2019 Yearbook.
- Please visit http://www.ucc.org/research_yearbook to view the tutorial videos if you need assistance.
- Please submit your data as early as possible to avoid potential delays if you should need assistance.
- The Data Hub contains many helpful tips. If you are unsure of the information a particular data entry field is requesting, simply hover over the for additional information. You can also find more detailed information for all the fields in the “Definitions Tip Sheet for Local Church Annual Yearbook Reporting” at ucc.org/research_yearbook
- Make a note of your updated password. If you need a password reset, contact Nancy Stubbs.
- Membership information entered should be as of 12/31/18.
- Financial information should relate to the year ending 12/31/18, or the most recent fiscal year if yours differs from the calendar year.
- To cancel out of any of the data entry screens without saving the yearly data, simply click the Cancel button.
- You may login multiple times to edit incorrect information through midnight, March 6, 2019. Select the tab that includes the information you need to edit. Click on the pencil icon next to 2018 and the detailed information should appear. Remember to click the Add or Update button when complete. Thereafter, please contact Nancy Stubbs to update.
- Please call Nancy Stubbs at (508) 875-5233 x222 or submit an email with any questions or concerns. Include your Church name, ID# and a brief description of what type of assistance you need.
- Be assured that information about pastors’ compensation is not published in the Yearbook or online. It is used only to develop aggregate statistical reports.
- National is asking churches to complete supplemental research questions after completing their annual report.
- National will be offering more than 25 prizes to chuches who complete an annual report and answer all research questions.
Accessing and Logging in to the Data Hub
- Login to the UCC Data Hub Yearbook Information at: ucc.org/research_yearbook. Alternately, you can login to the Data Hub home page at: datahub.ucc.org.
- Your Username is the 2 digit MA Conference code (30) followed by your four digit church ID#. You can find your church's ID# in the Church Directory on our website. Please use leading zeros for the church portion of the number if it is less than 4 digits.(For example, church #20 would be 300020, church #110 would be 300110 and church #2230 would be 302230.)
- The password is reset every year. The default password is password.
- Once you successfully login, you will be asked to change your password. The screen pictured below should appear.
- Please remember to make note of this new password. If you forget it and login unsuccessfully three times, you must contact Nancy Stubbs to have it reset by National!
- Please include your Church name and Church ID#. Do Not Contact National for a password reset.
- Please review the information on this screen and report any changes to Nancy Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not edit this information.
The Main Info tab contains basic church biographic information:
- Please review and email any changes or updates to Nancy Stubbs.
- We currently track three types of addresses for churches: mailing, location and campus. Mailing is the address that is used for all church mailings and other general mailings. Location is the physical location of the church. This address is used on www.ucc.org/find to provide a map of your church location. Campus is the physical location of an additional campus of your church. This address is also used on www.ucc.org/find.
(Video entitled How to update annual church membership is available at http://www.ucc.org/research_yearbook.)
- On this screen you can view all data since 1992. Please click Add New Membership Year Data when you are ready to provide your data.
- Click on the Calculate Totals button to compute the totals. The 2018 Membership will appear in the field labeled New Total Membership.
- If this number is incorrect due to previous year’s membership being inaccurate, please enter an adjustment number in the adjustment field. DO NOT enter the correct 2018 membership total in this adjustment field; enter only the number you need to adjust the calculated total to be correct. (Negative numbers can be entered here.) Click the Calculate Totals button again to ensure the correct 2018 membership is recorded.
- When you are satisfied that everything is correct click the Add button. If you need to return to this screen at a later time, please click the Cancel button. If you need to change any information, just click the Cancel button.
- After submitting your information, you may edit any incorrect information through midnight, Wednesday March 6.
(Video entitled How to update annual worship attendance is available at ucc.org/research_yearbook.)
- This screen operates the same as the Membership screen. Please provide all attendance data on this screen.
- Please refer to the "Guide to Yearbook Community Engagement and Total Church Participants Categories" posted at ucc.org/research_yearbook for assistance in how to determine these numbers.
Finance - You may find that completing the YB Online Data Entry Form prior to completing this information helpful.
(Video entitled How to update annual financial data is available at ucc.org/research_yearbook.)
- This screen operates the same as the Membership screen. Please provide all financial data on this screen. If you need further detail about what to include in each field, please hover over the or refer to the Definitions Tip Sheet online.
- This screen only allows whole dollar amounts. Please round to the nearest whole dollar. Do not enter decimals or dollar signs.
- United Church Mission participants (UCM) should NOT include this figure in Other UCC Giving. MA Conference will report UCM in the OCWM Basic Support Giving column. Since UCM is shared with the National Setting, it is analogous to Basic Support for the purpose of this report.
- MA Conference will report your Basic Support Giving and your giving to each of the four Special Mission Offerings (i.e., One Great Hour of Sharing, Neighbors in Need, Strengthen the Church and Christmas Fund).
- If you need further detail about what to include in the Other UCC Giving field, please refer to the document posted at http://www.ucc.org/research_yearbook
(Video entitled How to update annual ministerial support information is available at ucc.org/research/yearbook.)
- This screen operates very similarly to the Membership screen as well. However, you can provide more than one report for the year on this screen if you are reporting for multiple ministers.
- Please be sure to check the Full Time box if this report for a full-time minister.
- If this report is for a part-time minister, leave this box unchecked.
- Please be sure to select the appropriate Category of Minister on this form.
- All data provided on this report should be annualized. If your church employed a pastor for part of the year, the compensation should be computed on an annual basis. This will ensure we can compare across churches. This is not an actual accounting of the amount the church paid, but rather what the church would have paid for this position for an entire year.
This data is only used to provide summary reports of average compensation packages of numerous churches. Your church’s individual ministerial support data will not be released.
To view a tip sheet regarding the various data collected, please go to ucc.org/research_yearbook and click on “Data Hub Tips – For Annual Yearbook Reporting.”
Staff - Please do not enter Administrative Staff. We enter Ministerial Staff only.
This screen displays all current ministerial staff serving the church. Please report inaccurate information to Nancy Stubbs.
We suggest you print a copy for your files prior to logging out of the Data Hub. The Conference does not have access to this report.
- This will provide you a summary of your church’s data.
- In the top left corner of this report screen you can select the years for which you’d like data displayed.
- If you’d like a print out of the data you’ve just reported, select 2018 from the list and click on the printer icon. You can also print previous year’s information by selecting that year.
- You can also save this report in a variety of files types. Click on the disk icon to select the type of file you’d like to save.
- Thank you for submitting your Church's Annual Yearbook Report!