A Workshop for Clergy, Spouses, Treasurers and Trustees
Learn the tax rules unique to clergy:
• Are clergy employees or self-employed?
• What income is taxable?
• How are parsonage and housing allowances treated?
• Exclusions: what are they?
• Are business and professional expenses deductible?
• Why is the Deason Rule important?
• Estimated taxes: what are other alternatives?
• Social Security: are you exempt or not?
• MSSP: How does the IRS view clergy?
• How is compensation structured for greatest tax savings?
A note from Al Eaton: "I do plan to address some of the highlights of the next tax laws as they impact clergy. We will not have time to go over a lot of detail, but we will spend some time discussing what has changed and how it will affect ministers."
The workshop runs from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., and includes continental breakfast, coffee and tea, lunch and materials.
The cost is $40/per person, $50/per clergy couple. Register here
Download a flyer with more information here
Sponsored by the Lay and Clergy Development Councils.