The women of the Sturbridge Federated Church (UCC) invite you to attend this inspirational and relaxing retreat being held at
The Retreat Center in Charlton, MA on scenic Prindle Pond. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear our inspirational speaker,
Nancy is the mother of five adult children who resides in Derry, NH. She teaches bible studies, co-leads a weekly support group for families of those struggling with addiction, and has spoken at retreats, workshops and mothers’ groups throughout New England. Nancy has written two books, one related to healing following the death of an infant and the other to encourage parents of prodigals. She is a former high school math teacher, but currently works full-time as a computer programmer. Nancy loves to encourage women through the Word and describes herself as an ordinary woman who delights in serving an extra-ordinary God.
What to expect:
Special dietary needs will be accommodated - see registration form.
- A professional speaker on both Friday evening and on Saturday
- Snacks on Friday evening (bring something to share)
- Friday night bonfire and prayer meeting
- Craft activities
- A hymn sing
- A chance to make new friends or rekindle old friendships
- Comfortable accommodations if you wish to stay overnight (no extra charge)
- Hiking/walking, socializing
- Kayaking (bring your own)
- Three delicious meals provided by the Retreat facility on Saturday
Registration begins August 12th.
The cost is $80 per person, due by Sept. 8th
. Your payment and registration form may be left in the Federated Church office, placed in the locked box outside the office, or mailed to the church, 8 Maple St. Sturbridge, MA 01566. Click here to download the registration form
For general information, please call Sherri White (774-241-9024) or Linda Simpson (508-347-3819). For any financial questions, please contact Becky Wellwood (508-347-6376).