With just over six months left as your Minister and President, I find myself reflecting on what the Friends of the Conference fund has accomplished; both in innovation and in ability to respond to the needs of the day. Today, it is supporting our siblings in Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico through long-term hurricane recovery outreach. Tomorrow’s needs are unknown, but I do know that your generosity will allow us to fund adaptive responses to the ever-changing context of ministry.
I think you will agree that innovation is essential to the strength of not only our Conference, but the health of humanity. We have the power to initiate and to share.
Look at just some of the initiatives Friends of the Conference has supported this past year:
· Conference-wide white privilege trainings with Associate for Racial Justice Ministries, TJ Harper.
· Climate Intern Emma Brewer Wallin’s environmental justice efforts, including work towards halting the development of all fossil fuel infrastructure in Massachusetts.
· Together as One consultant whose guidance has helped to create a vision for the future of a joint conference with Rhode Island and Connecticut.
· Electric car charging station allowing visitors and staff of the Framingham offices to facilitate their witness to the care of creation.
· Confirmation Curriculum written by Debbie Gline Allen, Commissioned Minster, Christian Education and Youth Ministry Consultant for the MACUCC. This fresh, new curriculum will benefit the entire denomination!
I am so proud to be a part of the good work that the Massachusetts Conference is doing in our community and beyond. We are leaders in a movement and I am confident that the impact of our ministry and mission will continue to grow.
Please join me in making a gift to the Friends of the Conference. Together we can create a climate that encourages new ideas and supports necessary calls to action!
Living the Love and Justice of Jesus,
Jim Antal, Minister and President
Please use our Online Donation Form to make your gift to Friends of the Conference.