On June 16 - 17, 2017, at a joint Annual Meeting
, delegates from the Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island conferences voted decisively to move ahead toward forming a new, joint Conference.
(The resolution that was approved, and the case for it from the Boards of Directors, can be found here.
A Together, As One
planning team, comprised of members from each of the three Boards of Directors and staff, began meeting in July to work on the unified Conference proposal.
Vision, Mission & Purpose Statement
Their first action was to develop a Vision, Mission & Purpose statement for the new unified Conference. You can download the statement here, along with a conversation guide to help you discuss this document in your church.
- Proposed Covenant and Affiliation Agreement (PDF document)
This document expressed the intent of the three conferences to join together in forming a new conference. The three Boards of Directors have voted to ask delegates at their Annual Meetings in June, 2018, to approve these.
- Proposed bylaws for the new Together, As One Conference (PDF document)
These would be the bylaws for the new conference being formed by the CT, MA and RI conferences. The three Boards of Directors have voted to ask delegates at their Annual Meetings in June, 2018, to approve these.
- A Comparative Picture of Our 2017 Ministry Expenses (PDF document)
This document looks at how the three Conferences spend their ministry dollars.
May 29, 2018
- Together, As One Frequently Asked Questions
Updated May 24, 2018
- Together, As One Procedural Timeline
- We Imagine: A Report from the Staffing & Retirement Subcommittee
The team has established an email address – email@example.com
– which anyone is welcome to use to reach the group with comments or questions. Public comments are also welcome at the bottom of this page.
Team members, including subcommittee assignments:
- Kent Siladi, Conference Minister, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Bridget Fidler, Board Chair, Staffing
- Marilyn Kendrix, Board Vice-Chair, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Jocelyn Gardner-Spencer, Board Representative, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Jeff Gallagher, Board Representative, Finance
- Jim Antal, Conference Minister & President, Governance
- Corey Sanderson, Board Chair, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Lynne Dolan, Board Vice Chair, Staffing
- Philomena Hare, Board Representative, Finance
- Michael McSherry, Board Representative, Governance
- Linda Mesler, Vice Moderator, Governance
- Don Remick, Associate Conference Minister
- Barbara Libby, Interim Conference Minister, Staffing
- Frances Munro, Board Chair, Governance
- Cleo Graham, Board Vice Chair, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Dale Azevedo, Board Representative, Finance
- Linda Sable, Committee on Ministry, Staffing
Tiffany Vail, Associate Conference Minister for Communications for the three Conferences, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
For background information, visit the Together, As One page
developed prior to the vote.
Users of this website are invited to post comments in response to news articles and blog posts published here. In order to maintain a respectful community, we insist that comments be polite, respectful and tolerant of opposing viewpoints. We reserve the right to remove comments that are hostile, hateful or abusive to others, or that constitute personal attacks. In the interest of transparency, we highly recommend that users comment using their full names. For those who feel a need for more anonymity, however, we will allow posts using first names and last initial.